Who are we?
Mt. Laurel Skiers is a 4-season ski, sports and social Club with over 500 members including both adults and children. Most members hail from Connecticut but some come from as far away as Florida and Ohio. Even though the Club’s primary focus is skiing (downhill, cross-country) and snowboarding, we offer a variety of outdoor activities and programs throughout the year such as snowshoeing, hiking, bicycling, kayaking and seasonal get-togethers. It is not uncommon for members to informally get together for other activities such as golf, concerts, and sporting events. See the Seasonal Overview of Activities below to get a flavor of the many Club activities.
When does the Club meet?
Club meetings are generally held on Wednesdays at 7:30pm at the Back Nine Tavern at Stanley Golf Course located at 245 Hartford Road, New Britain, CT 06053. At the meetings, we talk about the activities scheduled for the near future, however, once or twice per month; there will be a special program like a holiday dance, a speaker with a topic of general interest or an activity such as lip sync or bingo. During the summer months, the meetings are less frequent. Refer to the calendar on the home page for the up-to-date schedule.
Does the Club have a Lodge?
The Club owns a recently refurbished 36-bed Lodge at 82 Andover St. (Rt. 100) in Ludlow, Vermont 05149. The Lodge is minutes away from Okemo Mountain or you can take the complementary shuttle to Okemo during ski season. The Lodge has private and semi-private rooms, full kitchen facilities, a parlor and a tap room for socializing. The cost for staying at the Lodge on weekends as well as mid week is extremely reasonable for Club members and their guests. See the Lodge Information pages for rates, bed availability, room layouts and more.
What are the benefits of being a Mt. Laurel Ski Club member?
- Mingle with like-minded people who enjoy being active
- Organized outdoor activities for every season in Connecticut and Vermont
- Group skiing – x-country and alpine
- Discounted ski tickets for numerous New England mountains through the Club’s affiliation with the Connecticut Ski Council (CSC)
- Alpine Racing Championships
- Group ski trips
- Affordable Vermont Lodging and event weekends such as moonlight snowshoeing, wine tasting, Murder Mysteries, game weekend, etc.
- Seasonal social parties and dances in CT and Vermont.
How do I join?
To join the Club, all you need to do is visit the Membership Page and fill out a New Membership Application online. If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Seasonal Overview of Activities
- Monday Night Racing at Mt. Southington starts in late December and goes for 10 weeks: Members compete for time with other Connecticut Ski Clubs for the racing championship title. All levels of skiers and snowboarders are welcome.
- New Year’s Eve Party at the Lodge in Vermont
- Club-sponsored annual ski trips: - Fly trip to a resort in Europe, Canada or the United States - Drive trip to a resort within New England Often other snow sport options are available so non-skiers are welcome.
- Annual Vermont Club Race in February: Club members compete against each other.
- CSC On-Snow in March in Vermont: Enjoy inter-Club competition for downhill, snowboarding and cross-country skiing.
- Pig Roast in April at the Lodge. We actually cook pork roasts and ribs rather than a pig.
- Hiking on many Sundays at various CT locations from April through June: picnic or local restaurant gathering follows.
- Lip Sync Contest in April in CT where Club members perform. Many performances have been posted on YouTube!
- Club’s Annual Banquet in May in CT: The banquet includes dinner, dancing and presentations of Alpine racing trophies. Outgoing Club Officers and the Board of Directors are acknowledged with the new slate for the coming year introduced.
- Road Biking at various locations in CT runs from May through August – Monday evenings at 6:00pm; picnic or local restaurant gathering follows.
- Trail Bike Rides are scheduled occasionally throughout the summer in CT.
- Sports Weekend in Vermont in July which generally includes biking, hiking and golf.
- Kayaking at various CT locations runs from June through September on Sundays; picnic or local restaurant gathering follows.
- Club’s Annual Summer Picnic in July in CT.
- Golf Weekend in June in Vermont
- Lobster Cookout in September at Winding Trails in CT – a family oriented event with softball and volleyball games.
Printer Friendly About Us Information
- Hiking on several Sundays at various CT locations from September through December: picnic or local restaurant gathering follows.
- Fall Hike Weekend in October in Vermont
- Club Open House in October in CT
- New Member Orientation in November in CT
- CSC Snow Ball Dance in November in CT: mingle with other Ski Clubs that are part of CSC, great raffle fund raiser which benefits the CSC.